Monday, January 11, 2010

Time to "Fess-Up"


OK, be honest. Raise your hand if you really thought the Tennessee basketball team had a legitimate shot at beating the number one ranked Kansas Jayhawks Sunday night.

For the record, my hand is at my side. I even thought it would be considered a good performance if Tennessee could stay within ten points of the Jayhawks.

Final score, Tennessee 76, Kansas 68. Boy, being wrong never felt so good, and now I must tell Bruce and the Boys that I am truly sorry.

Sorry for thinking that having four players arrested and removed from the team would be too much of a distraction to overcome. Not realizing that a basketball game might be the perfect safe haven from all the team turmoil.

Sorry for thinking that, even without the Tennessee suspensions, Kansas was likely the better team. Forgetting that it's not the size of the players, but the size of the heart in the player that is really important.

Sorry for thinking that the season went up in smoke on New Year's Day. Reminding myself now that "you just never know," and that's why the games are played.

Whew....I feel better.

Moments after the huge win, Coach Pearl told the team to "never settle." After Sunday's gritty and determined effort, I really doubt that is going to be an issue the rest of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment